The list of benefits of geothermal energy is a long one and we can’t cover them all in one post. What we can do is shed some light on the top 5 to help educate you on why geothermal energy is such a great option for heating and cooling your home. This type of energy is something we have supported for many years and we want to share its many benefits with you so you can decide whether it’s the right option for your home.
The top 5 benefits of geothermal energy are:
1. Geothermal energy is reliable – Geothermal energy is constantly produced within the earth, which means it can be relied on 24 hours a day regardless of changes in weather.
2. Geothermal energy is green – Unlike fossil fuels, the production of geothermal energy requires no combustion and produce very low levels of greenhouse gases. In many cases, geothermal power plants operate with zero emissions.
3. Geothermal energy is local – Traditional forms of energy require the energy to be harnessed and then shipped or distributed throughout the region. With geothermal energy, the source of energy is located where there is a need.
4. Geothermal energy is affordable – Most experts say that geothermal energy will save you up to 80% on bills when compared to traditional fossil fuel sources. Although the initial investment may be more, geothermal energy sources will save you money in the long run.
5. Geothermal energy is obtainable – Unlike many sources of energy, geothermal energy is readily available throughout the world. The only issue is developing and improving the technology to utilize this energy source.
We are trained and experienced in working with geothermal energy as a source for heating and cooling your home. If you would like more information about geothermal heating & cooling, please give us a call or ask a question in the comments below. Do you use geothermal in your home? What’s your opinion of this energy source?